HWC Virtual Refresher for Instructors & Client Organizations on Extensions
With Bruce Chapman
Date: Tentative Date Feb. 8, 2022. Time 10AM - 12:00 PM EST
Handle With Care is offering a virtual review of the HWC Instructor Certification Program for Certified Instructors who are on extended extensions of longer than 4 months. The facilitator for the refresher is HWC President & Founder, Bruce Chapman. This review is NOT a substitute for in-person training. It is an overall review of the Instructor notes for teaching each Module of HWC's Instructor Manual. It is a stopgap measure for client-organizations and HWC Instructors on extensions who are not able to attend or host an in-person training due to COVID.
- Your Instructor Manual is mandatory to attend.
- Have your questions ready.
- HWC's Philosophy
- HWC's verbal program including the Tension/Tension Reduction Cycle and Solid Object Relationship Model along with some Q& A and interactive exercises.
- Q&A session of any issues that have arisen during the year
- Restraint Policies, Procedures and Standards
- Classroom management: Class size, Trainer tasks, Time management
- Person Defense: Escapes, Blocks, Counts, Personal Space, Non-Defensive Posture and Common Mistakes.
- Physical Restraint: Standing PRT and the “Empty Handed Takedown Drill” and safety precautions and protocols contained in Module 7 of the Instructor Manual. PRT, Standing, Seated and Floor, PRT Advisory, Tripod Modification and Supine Holds
- Letting Go and Life Space Interview (debrief)